Thursday, February 23, 2017

Postcards. Rusty Sink Orange.

I never know where inspiration will come from.  It is part of being easily distracted.  I was talking with Maggie about weird colors named to avoid the wrath of Pantone.



And boom!  There it was.  Challenge accepted.  Why can't we have rusty sink orange?

It took a while of talking with friends, listening to various rust gathering schemes, before I started.  Once I had my preferred scheme, I got to work.  I taped down one of the blank cards.



I used a light wash of ink mixed with vinegar and salt to get the surface damp.  I then dipped pennies, nickels, and a steel gear into the vinegar, and then hydrogen peroxide.



Once the peroxide got things going, I placed the metal bits on the card.



As they stained the paper, I moved the items about to get color everywhere.




A quick use of my signature stamps, and boom!  One of my most satisfying cards.




What do you think?  

1 comment: