Thursday, July 20, 2017

Postcards: Robin House Hospice Seaboar

You remember the previous post about Robin House?  Well I was at it again.  This time I drew inspiration from the Banner o Scotland.  I painted some blue triangles, and then masked them off.




I then stamped fish over the masking, continuing to rock the nautical theme.  Sadly, I smeared a little of the ink while removing the masking tape.  I tried covering it with whiteout, but the paper yellowed while I was curing the ink, enhancing the contrast between the whiteout and the card stock. 






On to Phase Two!  This Boar Whale is from Curious Woodcuts of Fanciful and Real Beasts; my primary source of imagery right now.  I inked it up, cut it out, and glued it to the card I prepared above.






Luckily I was largely able to hide my sins with the placement of the cutout.




I went a little crazy with stamps.



No comments:

Post a Comment