Thursday, May 17, 2018

Postcards: Gravity Falls Spoilers

Ben loves Gravity Falls, and has really been into the idea of Bill Cipher being alive.  A bit weird, but what can you do?  Make a postcard!

First I planned out Bill in my panobook just to make sure the design would fit on a postcard.




Then I got to work.  Line work.






I used the Bill Zodiac as my primary reference, which inspired the circle elements behind Bill.






Then I threw down some blacks.  I've seen depictions of Bill with and without an outline.  Also with three or four eyelashes.  I went with three eyelashes and an outline.  I'm sure the Internet would be upset if it found out.



Colors!






Bill glows in varying amounts, and comes from an inter-dimensional realm.  I wasn't sure exactly how to illustrate that, so I went with glittery paint over color splashes.



No comments:

Post a Comment