Thursday, July 5, 2018

Postcards: Take Hires Root Beer

Looking through vintage magazines, the advertisements have such a dated feel it can generate a sense of being an archaeologist, digging in paper layers of history.  I often flag ads for "I don't know how I will use that, but I am definitely going to use it."  Ads for medicine are always a good place to start.




I think the head coming out of headache-man's head is from an ad for a telephone company, and the "fagged out" is encouraging you to relax in Arizona or something out that way.  The blue strips are stickers Melanie gave me, apparently popular in the bullet journaling world.




I need to take the elements in a new direction for it to feel truly remixed, so I made this into an ad for root beer.  Root beer concentrate, I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment