Thursday, August 23, 2018

Postcards: Heirlooms

We have a shelf with... stuff on it.  It's maybe 50% heirlooms.  Maybe 30%.  Enough that I think of it as the heirloom shelf.  I acquired some new stuff at the last family reunion, and was inspired to have a go at drawing it.  And a nail.  The nail is one of those not-an-heirloom objects that is part of the inspiration-objects Venn Diagram.  Look, you can see the composition works better with the nail.




The nail might not be super exciting, just a nail that I may make into a ring someday, depending on my supernatural fighting needs, but the medallion is an inherited item.  I haven't been able to figure out anything about it, other than there are similar medallions out there.



See?  Similar design, but not the same.  A little research aside for you.



The knife is an award for the Pitney Bowes Sales Leadership Club of 1965.  Had I heard of Pitney Bowes before receiving this knife?  No, no I had not.  But they were a company my grandpa must've worked for in 1965.




The CTA token was just one of those random objects in a jewelry drawer, like buttons and safety pins, but I liked the look of it.





There are so many enamel owl pins in the world, I have uncovered nothing of use about this one.



I found someone in DC was once selling a pair of earrings like this one, but that's all I've been able to find.  They didn't even post any useful details.




No comments:

Post a Comment