Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Paper Warren: Offerings

I was challenged (encouraged?) to make a collage that was not for a postcard or collage tennis.  I documented here my first attempt.



I know it was unusual to include those shots, but honestly just about every artist has been confronted with an empty table or blank canvas and been intimidated.  The whole thousand miles single step thing.  First steps for me include cleaning a work surface and choosing the size of the piece.




Then I dump out collage materials, choose the items I am most likely to use, and then put everything else back.  The narrowed down pile still includes images that will not be used, and I may dive back into my bag o' paper once I have a clearer direction.




This god on a penny might be useful.  This picture and the next six show how I continuously add and take away elements to see how I feel about it all.









At this point I have fairly good idea of which images I will use, but I am still chopping them up and repositioning them to get my favorite fit.










To see the final image, check out Paper WarrenOfferings is my first piece not part of a collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment