Saturday, March 30, 2019

Not a postcard or a comic! I gotta make a new category.

This is Codsworth.

Image result for codsworth


My friend an I are working on a 3D print of Codsworth.  It will hopefully look a little like this.

Image result for codsworth thingiverse



As you can see, Burbol printed some test pieces of the... hover jet? for me.  The line-y texture is a natural part of the printing process.



I started sanding one to try to remove the print lines, to minimal success.






Next I hit it with automotive primer filler.


You can see that the filler was very smooth and glossy while wet.


The filler dries to a fairly matte grey.



Recently I've coated it with a chrome spray paint.


Updates as Burbol prints more pieces and we try more finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment