Thursday, November 18, 2021

Postcards: We Must Play Inside Today

 
 
I'm trying to get the ol' postcard machine rolling again.  I don't have a strong direction, so I'm just sticking with... rules?  guidelines? to have anything resembling a plan.  I recently went through my collage supplies, and ended up pulling some phrases out.  "We must play inside today" seemed like a good place to start.  "We" suggested to me multiple figures, and since I've been been mostly working with animal collage late I went that route.  I cut out a couple, and then replaced their heads with animals.  Simple stuff.  I want to try sticking to black & white figures on color backgrounds or color figures on black & white backgrounds; I looked for a color background for my black & white subjects.  The big mouth adds to the foreboding sense of the "inside".

I just added the timely warning because I liked it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment