Monday, March 25, 2013

Dusting off the blog















     Hello!  Welcome to the very first post in the Barista Powers blog.  I have no idea what to do right now; hopefully we will learn together in a comedic and memorable fashion.
     For you first timers, Barista Powers is a collection of drawings and comics I've made at or for my workplace.  I'm a barista / cashier / popcorn popper, along with various other jobs as they arise.  As you read thru, you'll see that the first notes were just doodles of what I could see, and drawings of myself talking about how I didn't know what was going.  I felt it helped set customer expectations appropriately.  As time goes, the notes became an expectation of my customers. Oops.  And so feedback and demand slowly shaped my notes into a comic, with recurring characters and themes.
   This first round is of the doodling variety.  They stuck me on Register Four, unknown to many customers, and so I sat watched.  A group of guys regularly sat nearby and talked about programming and video games.  As I drew them, I'd record their more entertaining phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment