Thursday, August 10, 2017

Postcards: A Whale

Hello!  I scheduled this one long enough ago I forgot that I never added text.  Adaptability is a good theme for this post.


I only taped three sides because I had intended not to color in above the waves.  Things went sideways pretty quickly.





You can see the waves are pink in the early shots, but eventually turn a cool grey; they are made with Matthias's mulberry ink.




I was unsure what to do here to cover up my borders going weird.  Jen suggested taped borders.




The silver ink I used on the whale stamp did not turn out at all how I wanted, so I cam back in with markers to recreate the details I wanted.  The linework popped the whale out from the water in an unfortunate manner; I had to add more linework to even things out.






1 comment: