Monday, July 8, 2019

Postcards: More Antique Store Finds

Postcard making has not progressed quite how I hoped;  I have been sidetracked by another couple of projects.  More on those later!

I occasionally check out the local antiques stores for collage materials and postcards.  Pricing is all over the place; old magazines are anywhere from fifty cents to over twenty dollars.  I try to restrain myself to the two bucks or less side of things.  Every now and then some inexpensive Dayton themed postcards appear.

Here's a post office.

I couldn't find it on Google Maps.  As you can see below, that's not really the style of post offices anymore.



UPDATE: The building isn't a post office anymore, but it still stands!  Thank you to my father for the assist!



Good luck recreating this view.



Main Business Section?  Why couldn't they use street names?



I'm just not familiar enough with Dayton any more to know which, if any, of these buildings still stand.  This looks kind of like Main St facing Monument Ave, but really...


really it doesn't, other than the wide street with a statue in the center.


No comments:

Post a Comment