Thursday, March 23, 2017

Postcards: The Collage Process

Sometimes I am driven by an idea.  Rusty sink orange?  Great.  Let's go make a card.

Other times I am making a card because it is my turn to send a card.  That is my goal with the postcard exchange, always reply.  This occasionally results in me just staring at my supplies, hoping a postcard makes itself.



Better to have anything than a blank card, so I glued backgrounds to three cards.  That's like having accomplished something, right?



I continued gathering collage supplies, and sorting them into piles that might work with each background.



When assembling, I'll let the design bleed over the edges of the card.  When I am finished assembling the card, I flip them over and trim the front flush with the back.



Tah dah!  









I have a calligraphy card coming up, and progress on those tends to be verrry slow.  Knocking out a few collage cards in a single sitting helps me maintain an average rate of at least one card per week.





No comments:

Post a Comment