Thursday, March 16, 2017

Postcards: Postcard Duo

I don't remember why now, but I wanted to make two postcards that formed one image.  Just the natural next step to postcard making for me.

I started with just messing around with a single sheet of watercolor paper, with guidelines drawn in pencil to indicate the borders of postcards.



The next step was two tape two blank cards together so I could work a single image across them.  Here I used a wedge stamp with the walnut ink my father made to create those wisps.  The border along the bottom was my sister's suggestion.  



I inked up my hand and printed across the two cards.  After that, I removed the masking tape, and turned to my original paper for guidance on the lettering.



And there you go.  Two cards that work (hopefully) side by side or individually.


1 comment: