Monday, March 20, 2017

Postcards: The Fish Stamp

You will just have to believe me that it looks better in person.


I bought this fish stamp with some silver and bronze inks, and just started playing around.  The stamp is a great pairing with metallic inks, and I like the pattern I was able to develop with it.  I do not like, however, these stupid inks that do not dry.  Had I done any research, I would have discovered that many many artists have thrown away their Colorbox inks after discovering they don't dry.  Numerous forums with members panicked by the discovery that the cards they stamped the day before are as smudge-able as the moment they were stamped.  I ended up baking this card in the oven to get it to dry out.  Not practical. I now know Ranger Archival Inks are the way to go.

1 comment: