Monday, April 24, 2017

Postcards: And Then There Was Westen

Sometimes I just sit on a collage element, waiting for an opportunity to use it.  I have a dachshund that I have tried to fit in sooo many postcards, but it just has not fit.  Likewise, I spent quite a while hoping for a design appropriate for this bird. 




I have been thinking for some time about how to combine collage elements with handwritten or painted elements, and so I wanted to have a go at that.  I made the background brown again using the walnut ink, and glued down the bird.  I then cut down the chocolate wrapper as a framing border.







Cool.  I have my non-white background.  I have my sweet collage bird.  I have my gold border down.  I just need to find a quote that works with imagery.




"They tried to be too clever and that was their undoing."  For me, it works with the image of the tool using bird, but also as a description of a lot my recent art.  I have better ideas than I can implement (or that is what I tell myself).  That gold border is a mess.  The letters are wonky from word to word.  But it is an Agatha Christie quote, going to an Agatha Christie fan.  Hopefully it is enjoyed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment