Thursday, April 20, 2017

Postcards: A Simpler Decision

Before leaving for Denmark, my friend Maryanne asked her friends if they wanted anything from her European adventures; can you guess what I asked for?


A postcard!  Pretty sweet, right? This is The Merry Cherry Show in Tivoli by Ib Antoni.  I am so happy to have received this!  I had to craft a response!

I started off with a postcard I ordered from Social Print Studio of one my Instagram photos.  I felt that it wasn't flashy enough, so I added a band from a cigar label.




I actually thought it looked pretty good just like that.  Did my "at least three elements" rule of collage apply if the base was one of my photos?  I thought adding a border would be in the spirit of my aesthetic.  One of the many good tips I have received from my sister: when in doubt, add a border.  I first tried the gold wrapper from a chocolate bar.




Since the wrapper was not the right size and kind of flat in comparison to all the detail in the cigar wrapper, I dove into Carley's washi tape collection.  I found a gold detailed tape, and ran with that as my border.


1 comment:

  1. then get it printed and sent as a glossy postcard. The first one is totally free. What's not to like ?!55printing.com

    ReplyDelete