Thursday, June 8, 2017

Postcards: Laudanum Poster

Do you have a favorite collage artist?  Collage style?  I am trying to figure it all out.  Get caught up, as it were.  I have been steadily getting more material from the library.  I recently reread Griffin & Sabine and Sabine's Notebook, as they have always been an inspiration.  I just read for the first time Paper Politics, which I think is more similar to my collage tennis work than my postcard work.  While Mike Mignola is so freaking awesome his work my never be a clear influence on my work, I checked out Baltimore: The Plague Ships for any spark of creative stimulation.

Where does that leave me?  Trying to mix things up.  That said, first step is to dirty up this postcard with some walnut ink.




I had a sticker I wanted to use; my solution was to present it as a poster.  In an attempt to remain outline-less, I started free hand painting bricks.





I put the sticker on, trimmed it down, and dirtied it up a little to more closely match the saturation of the wall.



Time to figure out a foreground figure.






Of all my attempts, I liked cigar smoking skeleton the best, but I did not want to add a flat pencil drawing to this card.  Why not try a style I have little to no experience with?  Time to layer some construction paper.







Finished up, without lamination.




With lamination.



No comments:

Post a Comment