Monday, October 9, 2017

Postcards: Hofstadter's Law

My buddy Nic agreed to make me a book press out of some plywood I had, and in return asked only two postcards.  Pretty sweet deal, right?  Then I asked his preference of collage, drawing, or quote.  He asked for quotes.

Gorramit.

I didn't have any good Nic quotes on deck, so I browsed Wikipedia's list of eponymous laws.  He's sciencey and works in an office; there had to be something useful in there.  Hofstadter's Law is as good a place to begin as any.  I started with a sketch to see how well the text filled a postcard.




And then I took a stab at it.




Almost nothing about that worked out how I wanted it to, so I decided to have at it again switching from drawn guidelines (which I thought, incorrectly, I could blend out) to whitespace guidelines.





No comments:

Post a Comment