Thursday, August 22, 2019

Postcards: Sea Gods

I love using stamps in my art.  I love the art in Griffin & Sabine.  I love mysterious letters and packages.  I love the post-ness of postcard art.  However, I tend to try to fit the stamps on at the end.  They're not quite an afterthought, but I rarely have a plan other than "dump out all my stamps and hope something works."

For this postcard, I chose a stamp first.  I traced roughly where I wanted to stamp to go, and then started building my composition accordingly.




That I might explore a new style, I turned again to Instagram for some inspirational images.






Armed with some aesthetic guidance, I went to work.







Boom!  I finally added the Qatar stamp.  The composition still felt a little unbalanced, so I also added the other kind of stamp.





No comments:

Post a Comment